In January 1928, a small but fervent group of believers met together to pray, asking God to start a new church in London. God answered that prayer when on the following Sunday, 75 people gathered in what became known as Central Baptist Church.
Through much personal sacrifice, a former mansion at the corner of Queens Ave and Adelaide Street was purchased and renovated. This became the home of the church for the next 75 years.
In April 2003, the church celebrated by moving into the long-awaited facility we now meet at just north of Fanshawe Park Road on Highbury Ave North. At that time the name of the church was changed to identify with our new community, and so today we are known as Stoney Creek Baptist Church.
Over the years, thousands of people have been impacted by the people and ministry of this church. A passion for prayer and missions has always been at the forefront of our church family; today, over 30% of our budget goes directly to missions and we meet twice a week to pray. We have learned the importance of dependence on the Holy Spirit to move and change lives. We thank God for His faithfulness in all these years.
We are affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada.