If you are looking for a place at Stoney Creek Baptist Church to experience growth in your faith and commitment to the Lord, while at the same time get connected to the SCBC family of believers, Small Groups may be for you.
Being part of a small group is tremendously beneficial for the Christian experience. Not only do you get to experience God with other believers outside of a weekly church service, but you also have the opportunity to go deeper in your studies and relationships – all while socializing and having a good time.
Small groups are so important because they...
- Foster close relationships and integral community.
- Provide a comfortable introduction for nonbelievers to the Christian faith.
- Provide an ideal way to care for the needs of people within the church
- Provide a way for Christians to live out their faith instead of merely hearing more preaching or teaching.
- Participate in focused prayer for one another.
- Provide a comfortable atmosphere for openness.
- Allow for mutual edification among believers.
- Encourage better learning.
- Provide a source of encouragement and accountability.
- Help to cultivate leadership within the church.
Are you part of a small group? If not, why not? Being part of a small group may be one of the most beneficial things for your Christian journey that you’ve ever done.